Saturday, February 16, 2008

One Down

The first road race of the season is officially in the bag. The Frostie Toes Road Race was today just noth of Columbus. The promoter raced the 1/2/3 and 3/4 fields together but scored them separately. Around 17 riders at the line for 3 laps of a 9.2 mile circuit. A break formed about halfway through the race and, after a hard bridge by two of us, all Team SBR's found ourselves on the right end of the break (myself, Chris B, and Pete S.) We took 4-5-6 overall, 3-4-5 in the 3/4 field. Onward to Mid-Ohio.

7 comments:

Ray Huang said...

Way to go!! What a gorgeous day for a race too. I would have been the lantern rouge (do they have those in one day races?) if I had gone.

Scott Thor said...

Heya Dave, I just stumbled upon your blog from Ray's site. I'm glad to see another Ohio racer blogging that I'll be able to read to keep up with what's going on in the Ohio peloton.

Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

great job,
who won?

Rick said...

Great job, guys!

ds said...

Scott - All of the talk on your blog of the California weather makes me jealous.

Robert - A guy in a Torelli kit won. I did not recognize him as one of "regulars" on that team.

Ray Huang said...

Dave that was me, I was in disguise.

JimmyNick said...

Ray,
If it were you, you wouldn't need a disguise -- you'd just blow by in a blur and solo home.
Dave,
I'm sure you probably know this, but there is a whole other crop of guys in Torelli jerseys riding for Tym Tyler's team Columbus. They only ride down there, though.

- JN