Thursday, January 22, 2009

That'll learn me

I mostly blame the Evil Temptress of a wireless Internet connection at the Justice Center for my failure to ride my bike to jury duty this week. I just don't have enough room in my bag for clothes and a computer. Plus, I'd be hosed if I took a spill carrying my laptop.

Where has this gotten me?

I've accomplished very little work on the computer, paid large amounts of money for parking, got stuck in a traffic jam, and was unable to take advantage of the nice day today. And I caught a nasty spyware/virus thing while using the complimentary wireless, currently rendering my Internet Explorer useless.

Tomorrow I ride and bring a book.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Books are seriously underrated these days. I have to keep reminding myself that I get more out of reading a book than surfing minute-to-minute from one site to another.

Julie Lewis-Sroka said...

Yes, working/visiting downtown is such a joy. Traveling over the Interbelt Bridge hoping that it won't collapse, friendly and courteous drivers, the plethera of parking spaces, the glorious assortment of lunch spots... I could go on and on.

P.S. Does Ben the dog read? That is sooo cool.