Sunday, January 11, 2009

Testing

When it comes to using technology for training, I am a bit of a neandercyclist. I have never used a power meter (for those non cyclists reading this who don't know what a power meter is....don't worry about it. it's really cool and really nerdy). I have also never used a heart rate monitor ("HRM"). I bought my first (very crappy) HRM last year and it never worked, and was gifted a good HRM last year that I plan to use on my race bike this year.

With that in mind, I agreed to be one of newly licensed as a coach Ray's guinea pigs for his power tests on his Computrainer.

After a long warmup, the test involved 1 minute riding at 180 watts, 1 minute at 200, 1 minute at 220, 1 minute at 240, etc. etc., until exhaustion, with no rest in between intervals.

Ray conducted the test very professionally and made me feel like a real bike racer.

Until I saw my numbers.

1 comment:

Ray Huang said...

YOur Numbers are good!! What are you talking about?!?!?

Now I need to get you the results!! Just need to put the figures in my super coaching computer......