Saturday, January 26, 2008

Long Live the Knob!!

According to this article on the CAMBA website, Cleveland area mountain bike park Vultures Knob is going "back to its glory days," and will host a six-race series in 2008.

This is great news for the area's bike scene. I must admit that I haven't visited or raced at Vultures Knob for several years, but have very fond memories of many days spent riding and racing there, especially when I was in college. At that time, I was a sorry excuse for a bike racer and weighed 40-50 pounds more than I do now. I crashed about 87 times every time I rode there, and man were my handling skills ugly (they actually still are.) None of these things, however, detracted from the fun of it all.

A resolution for 2008: I must visit the Knob at least once, even if I am too chicken to race there again.

No comments: