Monday, June 14, 2010

States

Sunday was the 90-mile Ohio State Road Race Championship. After waking up at an unholy hour and driving 3.5 hours to the race, I nearly ran over a small child in the parking lot who decided to dart in front of me while walking with her mom. A great start to the race, for sure.

After around 70 miles of racing and a three person breakaway full of non-mortals with about a week and a half on the field up the road, I managed to make the "chase" group with a lap and and a half to go. It eventually swelled to eight guys. We stayed away for the rest of the race, and then I attempted an ill-fated move with 1k to go. That didn't work out so well, and I managed 10th in the 1-2-3 race.

Thanks to all who promoted the race, and special thanks to the Bodell crew who handed us cold water on every lap.

That's me below, about to drink my 100th liter of water for the day.


photo courtesy of Jeffrey Jakucyk

No comments: