Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend at the races

Yesterday's Cross My Heart and Hope to Die cyclocross race in Willoughby, Ohio did not disappoint. The Spin crew had a great course, good music, and even good weather. It seems like everyone showed up for this race. Everyone, except for my game and my desire to race. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Today was Race #1 of the Orrville cx series held at Wayne College. These people always put on some very nice races. I felt much better today and took 6th out of 17 (or so) in the "A" race. One spot out of the money, but I'm not complaining.

Also, I may have mentioned this before, but I'm rather offended that Blogger's spellcheck program does not recognize "cyclocross" as a word. This is nothing short of a travesty.

5 comments:

Ray Huang said...

I clean my leg the same way as your cat!!

Unknown said...

Nice job this weekend Dave. You recovered nicely for the race on Sunday!

Bill

Derek said...

Nice race at Orrville! I was not sure what hit me until I saw you next to me. I guess that's cross racing in the trees. See you at the races. Derek

ds said...

Thanks guys.

Derek, I thought I had room to pass at that point, but the tape and wooden stakes started creeping into me. You had every right to knock me into the tape there. Sorry about that.

-ds

Ray Huang said...

derek-thanks for the suds Saturday!!