Monday, December 13, 2010

He's back

It has now been five weeks since Reuben's emergency bloat surgery, and about six weeks since his Addison's diagnosis. Dr. Mike has lifted all restrictions for him. His coat is back to normal, and he no longer looks like a bag of bones.

I had been taking him on walks up to two miles until the weather recently turned sour. Now it will be basement agility sessions until the grass reappears in the backyard, whenever that may be.

Five weeks ago I was driving 85 mph on I-271 on a Sunday morning, not sure if he was going to even make it to the vet hospital. Now I am doing agility with him again.

As far as I am concerned, this is all gravy.

Pretty soon, we should be back doing this at trials:

1 comment:

SG said...

glad reubens doing okay! I'm sure he can't wait to be running around on the green grass(looking out the window... that may be awhile).